Pet parents let your neighborhood know that you have pets who are affected by fireworks.
The Bakersfield SPCA is offering Fireworks Scare Us yard signs for a minimum donation of 25!
Call 661-323-8353, ext. 2 for information. Pick up your sign at the Bakersfield SPCA at 3000 Gibson St., Bakersfield, CA 93308. We will bring your sign out to your car.
Support your pets and the Bakersfield SPCA ❤️
Here are some things you can do to keep your pets calm while fireworks are going off, so you can all enjoy celebrating.
8 Tips To Help Reduce Your Pet’s Anxiety On 4th of July
1. Get plenty of exercise.
2. Make sure ID is up to date.
3. Give pets a safe place.
4. Dress for success. (Provide snug-fitting shirt)
5. Set an example.
6. Replace scary sounds with soothing sounds.
7. Occupy pets with new (or favorite old) toys.
8. Consult with your veterinarian
Source: American Veterinary Medical Association